We Can Row is specifically designed to allow women who have been treated for breast cancer to reorient themselves with their bodies, giving survivors a healthy expression of control and putting them in contact with other women of similar circumstances.
National Goals of the WeCanRow Program:
Help women who have been treated for breast cancer:
- Develop healthy and strong bodies
- Become active participants in their own recovery
- Assert control over their bodies
- Rediscover the joy of movement
- Contribute to a mutually empowering recovery team
Purpose for WeCanRow-Boston
“The purpose of WeCanRow-Boston is to support a wellness rowing program for women breast cancer survivors and, in general, to support and encourage the sport of rowing and to be role models for women of all ages.”
Local Objectives for WeCanRow-Boston:
- Make our WeCanRow experience available to women of all races, ages and socioeconomic status
- Maintain our focus on women who have been treated for breast cancer
- Reach out to local medical/research/breast cancer health care providers
- Be a WeCanRow team, not just a collection of individuals
Be an inspirational presence of strong and confident women, who have been treated for breast cancer, at the local and national level as well as role models for other cancer survivors.